CS4HS @ R.I.T Workshop
July 9th - July 11th 2012
Creative Explorations in Computing
Are you a high school teacher looking for fun and creative ways to engage students towards computing? Do you want to keep abreast of developments and opportunities in Computer Science? Do you want to keep up with and provide guidance to computer-savvy high school students? If so, CS4HS workshop is the right place for you. In this 3-day workshop, you will have the opportunity to
- Explore the real world computing applications
- Learn creative and interactive ways of teaching computing
- Catch sight of tools and resources that help in building new course modules
- Understand the fine threads linking mathematical and computational thinking
- Ideas to broaden the participation of students in computing
- Engage in discussions with your professionals/scientists/ peers/colleagues during panel discussions
The CS4HS Conference is free, and includes both talks and hands-on workshops which address the topics above. The Conference will also feature a half-day long, student run workshop.
The archive of the 2011 workshop website can be found here.